New Construction

In order to establish new electrical service in your home or office, we need a few details to get started. Follow the steps below.

  1. Fill out your Residential Service Request Form (PDF) or Commercial Service Request Form (PDF). You may also obtain these forms by calling us.
  2. Fill out the Application for Service & Membership Form (PDF).
  3. A Meter Disconnect Form (PDF) is needed to end service or change ownership of the service with AVEC.
  4. Make any necessary changes to your structure so that it complies with AVEC standards as outlined in your Entrance Inspection Form (PDF). Please included in your Service Request paperwork. For services larger than 200amps or for a community building, please contact AVEC Operations.
  5. Send or email all your completed forms to:
    Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
    4831 Eagle St.
    Anchorage, AK 99503
  6. After AVEC receives your completed forms, we’ll create a work order and our Engineering Department will begin designing the new service.
  7. After the design is completed, you will be notified of any CIA (Contribution in Aid) cost that may be due. This cost usually applies only to commercial customers with large electrical demands or other customers located far outside a village.
  8. When you are ready for the new service to be connected (and you’ve paid any CIA that may be applicable), notify the Operations Department by calling 1-800-478-1818. Please be sure your paperwork has been submitted and you have no delinquent accounts with AVEC before calling.
  9. Following this notification, a lineman will be sent to your village to make the connection within 90 days.

To make the connection, your service area must comply with AVEC standards as outlined in your Entrance Inspection Form (part of the initial Service Request paperwork). If it does not, the connection cannot be made.

For additional information, please contact the AVEC Operations department:

1-800-959-0324 (fax)