To establish new electrical service at your home or business, follow the steps below.
- Fill out the Residential Service Request Form (PDF) or Commercial Service Request Form (PDF) You may also obtain these forms by calling us.
- A Meter Disconnect Form (PDF) is needed to end service or change ownership of the service with AVEC.
- Make any necessary changes to your structure so that it complies with AVEC standards as outlined in your Entrance Inspection Form (PDF). Please included in your Service Request paperwork. For services larger than 200amps or for a community building, please contact AVEC Operations.
- Return completed forms by email or mail to:
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
4831 Eagle St.
Anchorage, AK 99503
- After AVEC receives the completed forms, a work order will be created and the Engineering Department will begin designing the new service.
- Once the design is complete, you will be notified of any CIA (Contribution in Aid) cost that may be due. This cost usually applies only to commercial customers with large electrical demands or other customers located far outside a village.
- When you are ready for the new service to be connected (and you’ve paid any CIA that may be applicable), notify the Operations Department by calling 1-800-478-1818. Please be sure your paperwork has been submitted and you have no delinquent accounts with AVEC before calling.
- Following this notification, a lineman will be sent to your village to make the connection within 90 days.
To make the connection, your service area must comply with AVEC standards as outlined in your Entrance Inspection Form (part of the initial Service Request paperwork). If it does not, the connection cannot be made.
For additional information, please contact the AVEC Operations Department: