Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Utility Clerk.
Position: Utility Clerk
Location: Anchorage, AK
This position operates and maintains the AMR & data interpretation systems; acquires load and related interval data in support of load research, billing transactions, line loss and related analysis; additional duties include maintaining the hardware, schedules, system errors, and programming of the AMR system as well as troubleshooting problems related to AMR system and other utility operations, reporting, and recording keeping; performs all other duties as required for success of the department.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Metering – Edit, maintain and update meter programming software and implementation. Assist Member Services in sourcing data issues that affect monthly billing.
AMR System – Communicate and coordinate troubleshooting for efficient operation of the AMR system. Report on failed meters and coordinate with Member Services department for replacement and removal from system. Collects and processes interval data from metering devices.
Outage Reports – Collects reports of field outages from various sources and categorizes them for review.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of own work and those who they work with
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques to improve department or the cooperative
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment.
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating an preparing for these in advance
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding a “we versus them” attitude
- Knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Fulfills commitments made to peers, co-workers and supervisors
- Skills required to interpret laws and regulations and to formulate compliance policies and practices
- Proficient in use of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Default Category (MUST BE CHECKED)
- Until Filled