Plant Administrative Assistant
Come for the job…stay for the challenge and let us WOW you with our benefits.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving residents in 58 locations throughout rural Alaska with its headquarters in Anchorage, AK. The communities that AVEC serves receive power via small, isolated grids that utilize diesel generation and renewable sources. AVEC serves the rural Alaska communities with 11,513 meters, 515 miles of distribution line.
As the Plant Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for providing excellent clerical services and administrative support for the Bethel power plant and the Bethel Operations Manager.
Benefits and Pay
- Range starts at $17.45 per hour and pay will be commensurate with experience.
- The cooperative offers an excellent benefit package to include:
- A defined benefit pension plan
- 401k with an employer match
- Generous leave
- Two different health insurance plans, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Flex schedule
Position: Plant Administrative Assistant
Department: Bethel Operations
Location: Bethel, AK
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance and support to the Operations Manager and staff as needed.
- Performs data entry with the Cooperative software systems.
- Maintains, and schedules employee work shifts, employee meetings and plant appointments under the direction of the Bethel Operations Manager.
- Drafts correspondence and assures written communication to the Operations Manager will be responded to within ten business days.
- Creates, develops, and edits forms, statistical reports and other reporting for the department; able to compile and enter data and proof for accuracy.
- Maintains a current copy of the Cooperative’s policy and procedures manual.
- Works closely with the Member Services Department and assists in the preparation, organization and completion of the annual membership meeting and other public meetings; as necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Two years of administrative, office and reception experience, preferred.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Consistently demonstrate ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing.
- Must be detail and accuracy oriented.
- Ability to organize, store and retrieve documents, both electronic and paper.
- Ability to adapt in a diverse environment to maintain a positive attitude and work environment.
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence, procedures and routine reports.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and progress in independent productivity.
- Acts with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, consultants and external agencies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs to include Outlook , Excel, Word and Power Point.
Work is performed inside the AVEC Bethel Power Plant.
Please complete an application and return to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Once applications are reviewed, you will be contacted if an interview is desired.
Contact Alaska Village Electric Cooperative for more information or a full job description.
Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check are required.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
AVEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Until Filled