Logistics & Receiving Coordinator
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving residents in 58 locations throughout rural Alaska with its headquarters in Anchorage, AK. The communities that AVEC serves receive power via small, isolated grids that utilize diesel generation and renewable sources. AVEC serves the rural Alaska communities with 11,513 meters, 515 miles of distribution line.
The cooperative offers an excellent benefit package and salary will be commensurate with experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Contact Alaska Village Electric Cooperative for the full job descriptions or more information.
Position: Logisitics & Receiving Coordinator
Location: Anchorage, AK
Responsible for planning and handling the receiving, storage, distribution, transportation of materials, supplies and equipment to meet Cooperative objectives. Receives, stores and issues construction and maintenance materials, equipment and supplies in or around the headquarters warehouse. Develops and issues shipping instructions to freight carriers for land, sea, and air transport. Supports all aspects of full-service warehouse, assists in monthly inventory closures and performs all other duties as required for success of the department.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates priority and special requests regarding logistical transportation needs of materials, supplies and equipment ensuring time limitations are met, using cost conscious means, in compliance with applicable shipping regulations. Tracks and reports material availability and shipping status to the Warehouse Supervisor, Superintendents or Managers as required.
- Responsible for proper receipt and associated processes of all materials arriving at the AVEC headquarters. This includes vendor deliveries, USPS, Fed Ex, UPS, Staples, employee pickups, expeditors, couriers, etc.
- Supports required global warehouse duties as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor. These may include, but are not limited to, the following: receiving, stocking, marking stock, shipping materials, processing turn-ins and issuing repairables.
- Assists with periodic, monthly and annual inventory of materials.
- Complies with all aspects of OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards applicable with job requirements, training and preforms safety checks regularly, as needed or as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Seven years of applicable warehousing experience of similar complexity.
- Experience operating a 1–2-ton truck including proper loading, tie down and unloading techniques preferred.
- Forklift Certification (or the ability to become immediately certified) and two years of forklift experience.
- CPR and First Aid certified is preferred.
- DOT Hazardous Material Shipping Training (49CFR) preferred
- Globally Harmonized System for labelling hazardous materials training preferred.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License is required.
- Employee must be insurable by the Cooperative insurance company at standard insurance rates, the individual must maintain a driving record during all periods of employment which permits insurability at standard insurance rates, and the individual must be willing to consent to release of information regarding his/her driving record on an annual basis.
- Must be able to respond to emergency requirements as directed.
- Must be able to work irregular or long hours intermittently as required.
Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess and exhibit the ability and desire to provide prompt, courteous and reliable services to the Cooperative’s internal and external customers.
- Knowledgeable of Alaska’s statewide air cargo system and transportation logistics pertaining to rural Alaska.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple conflicting priorities and projects.
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence, procedures and routine reports.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Possess analytical and math skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentages and to apply these concepts practically to situations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures manuals and shipping regulations.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, management, cooperative members and external agencies.
- Proficient in use of computer programs including Microsoft Suite.
- Proficient in materials record keeping and working with computerized record keeping methods and reporting functions.
- Work is performed inside the warehouse and outside in the warehouse yard.
- May use company vehicle to pick up and make deliveries.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions, wet surfaces and icy conditions.
- May operate on or around heavy equipment.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be required.
- Frequently stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms (often overhead); climb and balance on ladders and stairs; stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50lbs. using care to prevent serious injury.
- Frequent use of hands and fingers to feel objects and/or handle materials, tools and equipment.
- Frequent use of keyboard, mouse and monitor to process data
Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screeing and background check are required.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
AVEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Until Filled