Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Grant Accountant/Administrator .
Position: Grant Accountant/Administrator
Department: Project Development & Key Accounts
Location: Anchorage, AK
This position provides all grant financial functionality and administrative support for the department. Responsible for all grant cost control, accounting, project cost reporting, tracking financial status of contracts to agencies, monthly and final reporting. Facilitates department functions and helps to maintain project files, community files, village agreements, leases, and additional contracts designed to expedite project or organizational missions and goals.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accurate accounting cost controls for all grant funded projects.
- Prepare & submit monthly financial reports on grants to funding agencies and internal departments.
- Draw grant funds from funding agencies monthly, or as deemed necessary.
- Review and implement grant budgets as they relate to reporting requirements.
- Process incoming invoices and maintain work order accounting.
- Perform closeout reporting for all grants as required by individual grant agencies, including final cost reports and/or closeout summary.
- Ensure compliance with 2 CFR 200 and assist with annual audit.
- Develop and maintain community files including correspondence, agreements, leases, deeds, photos, and other documents as necessary to support project development.
- Assist with projects through tracking progress, contract documents, preparation and distribution of close-out records including progress reports, operation manuals and substantial completion certificates.
- Maintain submittals/deliverables with tracking logs for consultants/contractors, assists consultants on timely and responsive basis, particularly for the closeout phase of completed projects.
- Assist with reviewing and facilitating business plan and project development, document, management, editing, printing and distribution of documents internally and externally.
- Obtain and maintain Public Notary.
- Assist with funding applications for grants, loans, and bonds.
- Prepare materials for internal and external meetings.
- Maintain working relationships with other departments.
- Occasional travel to communities and other presentations may be required.
- Responsible for administrative duties as directed by Department Manager.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
Experience: 3 years of accounting experiences; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience can be substituted for education on the basis of (2) years of directly applicable experience for each year of education.
Grant accounting, administration, reporting and cost control experience desired.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in formal, technical and creative writing.
- Proficient in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite and Daffron.
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Work and Excel.
- Ten key by touch.
- Demonstrated skills in research, analysis and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills.
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities.
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package that includes a 401k match, pension, health insurance, annual leave starting at 14 hours per month, 11 paid holidays and life insurance.
Position range starts at 29.40 per hour and is DOE.
Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check are required.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Until Filled