Electrical Lineman or Journeyman Electrical Lineman – Bethel
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Lineman.
Position: Electrical Lineman or Journeyman Electrical Lineman
Department: Bethel Operations
Location: Bethel, AK
Travel: less than 10%
This position will perform construction work on-site required to serve the Bethel area members with electrical energy through diesel generation and distribution system. Perform and assist other lineman, constructing and maintaining electrical distribution system, using equipment, methods and safe work practices involved in construction and maintenance. Maintain good relations with member-owners and co-workers and build their understanding and confidence in AVEC’s value, mission and goals.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Installs and retires power distribution systems (de-energized only). Majority of work requires system to remain energized.
- Corrects operational problems and performs preventive maintenance and repair on electrical distribution system, diesel plant and heat recovery system as assigned.
- Proper use of all equipment, material, handling of cable, and of safe work practices.
- Prepares necessary reports on assigned projects, normal maintenance and other general reports as necessary.
- Works in a safe manner and insures the safety and the property of others and Cooperative equipment is not damaged.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent and successful completion of an electrical lineman apprentice program; required. State of Alaska Journeyman Electrical Lineman or an individual who has enough certified hours of classroom and training to take the State of Alaska Journeyman Electrical Lineman test or an individual who is less than 1,000 hours away from having all certified requirements; preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of own work and those who they work with
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques to improve department or the cooperative
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment.
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating an preparing for these in advance
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding a “we versus them” attitude
- Knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Fulfills commitments made to peers, co-workers and supervisors
- Skills required to interpret laws and regulations and to formulate compliance policies and practices
- Proficient in use of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Default Category (MUST BE CHECKED)
- Until Filled