Administrative Services Manager
Come for the job…stay for the challenge and let us WOW you with our benefits.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving residents in 58 locations throughout rural Alaska with its headquarters in Anchorage, AK. The communities that AVEC serves receive power via small, isolated grids that utilize diesel generation and renewable sources. AVEC serves the rural Alaska communities with 11,513 meters, 515 miles of distribution line.
The Administrative Services Manager is responsible for and supervises all accounting, finance, human resources, benefits, payroll, purchasing and information technology functions for AVEC in a manner that advances and protects the financial position of the Cooperative and promotes the strategic decisions of the board of directors.
Benefits and Pay
- Range starts at $123,387 and salary will be commensurate with experience.
- The cooperative offers an excellent benefit package to include:
- A defined benefit pension plan
- 401k with an employer match
- Generous leave
- Two different health insurance plans, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Flex schedule
- Monthly employee luncheons
Position: Administrative Services Manager
Department: Administrative Services (Accounting, HR, IT, Purchasing)
Location: Anchorage, AK
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs all accounting through general ledger and subsequent financial statements.
- Maintains and oversees all financial records including accounts and subsidiaries to meet requirements of RUS, NRUCFC, and GAAP accounting directives as they apply to AVEC.
- Develops financial forecasts and annual budgets.
- Evaluates risk of loss and insurance necessity by ensuring all risks are covered and legal requirements are met.
- Oversees all internal, external, and single audit activities.
- Prepares and files all rate changes and annual reports (COPA, Base Rate, PCE, Other) with The Regulatory Commission of Alaska.
- Directs preparation of payroll and all related reporting requirements including but not limited to forms 941, 940, W-2, I-9, and State Unemployment Insurance.
- Oversees Human Resources functions of the Cooperative to include personnel files, hiring and termination practices, administration of policy and benefits, and ensure compliance with EEOC, HIPPA, OSHA, Department of Labor, and all applicable laws and governing entities.
- Provides support and guidance to HR staff, management and other staff when complex, specialized and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing and terminations.
- Oversee and support the Purchasing function/department at AVEC.
- Oversee and support the Information Technology function/department at AVEC.
- Selects, trains and manages employees.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Two years supervisory experience
- Five years of professional level accounting and finance preferably specializing in the electric utility industry.
- Prove experience in Microsoft Software Applications
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred
- Employee must be insurable by the Cooperative insurance company at standard insurance rates, the individual must maintain a driving record during all periods of employment which permits insurability at standard insurance rates, and the individual must be willing to consent to release of information regarding his/her driving record on an annual basis.
- Must be able to travel, as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Knowledgeable of RUS and grant accounting requirements.
- Budgeting and financial analysis experience.
- Excellent prioritization and organization skills.
- Must be detail and accuracy oriented.
- Ability to motivate and encourage team members.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong understanding of mathematical concepts to make calculations and analyses.
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence, procedures and routine reports.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be a strategic thinker that understands the long-term objectives and strategic plans for the organization.
- Knowledge of current state and federal laws concerning employment regulations.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolutions skills.
Work is performed in a standard office environment and some travel may be required.
Please complete an application and return to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Once applications are reviewed, you will be contacted if an interview is desired.
Contact Alaska Village Electric Cooperative for more information or a full job description.
Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and background check are required.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job.
AVEC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
- Until Filled