- Alaska Power Association (APA) is a statewide trade organization that provides its members government representation, training and other industry related services.
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) is a trade organization for electric cooperatives in the United States.
- National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC) the only lender created and owned by the electric cooperative network provides financial products and services electric cooperatives.
- National Rural Telecommunication Council (NRTC) helps its members bring technology to rural communities.
- Northwest Public Power Association (NWPPA) is a trade association that provides training and educational programs, for electric cooperative members in Western US and Canada public relations, and governmental relations.
- Renewable Energy Alaska Project (REAP) is a education and advocacy group that promotes renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Alaska Center for Energy and Power (ACEP) University of Alaska Fairbanks is an applied energy research group providing leadership in sustainable energy systems for islanded, non-integrated electric grids, and heating and transportation systems.