2019 Top 10 Power Plant Operators of the YearPosted: May 13, 2020
With more than 100 AVEC plant operators, choosing the Top 10 each year is a difficult task. AVEC plant operators work under a variety of challenging conditions year-round, but the top operators make an extra effort to ensure the plant stays operational and provides light and heat for their families and friends.
The winners are (in no particular order): Rick Andrews of Emmonak, Brian Epchook of New Stuyahok, Rudy Hamilton of Shageluk, Evan Hunt of Kotlik, Walter Joshua of Eek, William Parks of Gambell, Francis Nollner of Huslia, William Peterson of Kasigluk, Alfred Olanna of Shishmaref and David Peterson of Mt. Village.
When considering who to honor, we consider the efforts our plant operators make throughout the whole year, not just every now and then. The top operators were selected based on some of the following criteria:
- Responsiveness to requests for assistance from consumers and AVEC personnel.
- Performing duties satisfactorily, including routine maintenance.
- Running the most efficient generator to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Keeping the day tank full of fuel.
- Total hours of unscheduled power outages.
- Keeping the plant clean and an inventory of normal routine maintenance materials on hand. Turning in completed paperwork.
- Failure to keep the day tank full of fuel automatically disqualifies a plant operator from consideration.
Congratulations go to each of the winners. We truly appreciate the effort and dedication of all of our power plant operators. They play a critical role in AVEC’s success.