Job Opening: Network Administrator
FLSA: NON EXEMPT
Location: Anchorage, AK
Schedule: M-F, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Travel: less than 10%
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 57 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Network Administrator in Anchorage, AK. This position is responsible for a wide variety of network and system support and maintenance ensuring stable, efficient and secure operation and performance of the cooperatives networks and equipment. Primary duties and experience is needed in the following: monitors local and wide area network traffic, provides user technical support, installs, upgrades, and configures PC’s and printers, assists with VoIP phone systems, assists with administration of wireless technology, troubleshoots local area network problems.
Education Requirements: AA/Two Year Degree
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a broad range of information systems and platforms including WAN/LAN administration, system security, backup/recovery, and user support; Extensive experience with Windows Operating Systems, LAN & WAN, E-business knowledge; Extensive experience and knowledge of VMWARE systems, infrastructure and virtualization concepts; Working knowledge of PC applications, hardware, software and peripherals; Familiarity with AS400/Client Access systems; Experience researching, testing and presenting preliminary selections and adaptations of technological alternatives for cooperative software and processing needs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative problem solver and collaborator
- Committed to serving our members
- Accurate, honest, and able to adapt to changes
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Records management
- Extensive knowledge of corporate domain systems and environments
- Knowledge of anti-virus software, firewall, intrusion detection systems and other industry network security measuresAVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as a background check are required.Interested applicants must submit a completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:Human Resources Department
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
4831 Eagle St. Anchorage, Alaska 99503
To download AVEC’s Employment Application click HERE.
This position is open until filled
AVEC IS an EOE.
No Power Outages
Currently, there are no known or scheduled power outages in our service areas.
If you are experiencing a power outage or see a downed power line, please call our 24 hour emergency line at (907) 561-1818