Member Services Representative
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Member Services Representative.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Position: Member Services Representative
Department: Member Services
Location: Anchorage, AK
This position performs monthly billing processes, maintains and updates consumer account records, receives and processes new applications for service or membership, assists with consumer account inquires, payments, and all other account or billing concerns, assists with collection duties, assists with receptionist duties, and all other necessary functions to support the success of the Member Services Department.
Education: High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of own work and those who they work with
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques to improve department or the cooperative
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment.
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating an preparing for these in advance
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding a “we versus them” attitude
- Knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Fulfills commitments made to peers, co-workers and supervisors
- Skills required to interpret laws and regulations and to formulate compliance policies and practices
- Proficient in use of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required. Submit completed application and resume to Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., 4831 Eagle Street, Anchorage, AK 99503-7497. Click HERE to download an application.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Position: Open until Filled