Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Maintenance Technician.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Anchorage, AK
Wage Range: 5-9
Supervisor: Manager, Operations
This position will organize, assist, direct and perform construction work on-site required to serve member villages with electrical energy through a diesel generation and distribution system. Instruct power plant operators during the operations and maintenance period in use of equipment, methods and safe practices involved in construction. Correct operational problems and perform maintenance and repair on the distribution system and power plants. Maintain good relations with the village council and member-owners and build their understanding and confidence in AVEC’s value, mission and goals.
High School Diploma, or equivalent
2+ Years of Diesel and Electrical experience
Travel Requirement: 75+%
This job involves intermittent stressful situations arising out of multicultural communities located in remote Alaskan sites in which resources are often not consistent with apparent on-site practical needs. This position is directly responsible for the Construction activities in all AVEC locations, and, as such, the position is a high stress position, demanding that the employee filling the position be able to respond to inquiries regarding construction quickly and accurately, while maintaining a consistently professional and calm emotional demeanor. In this respect, the job may require:
- Consistently long hours on both a daily and weekly basis;
- Intermittent trips (travel up to 75+% of the time) to remote Alaska villages located in extreme climatic conditions and inaccessible by commercial carriers;
- Intermittent subsistence lifestyle in remote arctic villages while involved in on-site review of electrical facilities, which lifestyle may require sleeping in industrial facilities in locations without beds, preparation of one’s own meals, and general lack of amenities common to commercial public accommodations;
- Intermittent stressful work conditions in which the employee is required to exercise significant discretion in judgment, as well as a consistently calm emotional demeanor during times of high conflict;
- Intermittent on-site review by travel on foot, all-terrain vehicles, pickup trucks, open boats, single engine aircraft, and other available on-site transportation in remote arctic villages and environs for the purpose of inspecting facilities.
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required. Submit completed application and resume to Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., 4831 Eagle Street, Anchorage, AK 99503-7497. Applications are available at our website : email@example.com or click HERE to download AVEC’s application.
Position is open until filled.
No Power Outages
Currently, there are no known or scheduled power outages in our service areas.
If you are experiencing a power outage or see a downed power line, please call our 24 hour emergency line at (907) 561-1818