Bethel Apprentice Lineman
Bethel Apprentice Lineman
Headquarters: Bethel, AK
FLSA: Non Exempt
Travel: >25% within Rural Alaska
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc. has an opening for a Apprentice Lineman in Bethel AK.
This position will organize, direct and perform construction work on-site required to serve Bethel with electrical energy through a diesel generation and distribution system. Correct operational problems and perform maintenance and repair on the distribution system and power plants. Maintain good relations with the village council and member-owners and build their understanding and confidence in AVEC’s value, mission and goals.
Principal Tasks and Duties
- Receives plans and work assignments from the Bethel Operations Manager.
- Checks that necessary materials, supplies and equipment are available on site, takes action to meet needs.
- Available to an on-call status for power plant issues/problems and equipment failures.
- Installs and retires power distribution systems based on AVEC’s Bethel energy safety program or safety manual.
- Corrects operational problems and performs preventive maintenance and repair on distribution systems and diesel plants (if possible) while on construction projects or as assigned.
- Assists employee(s) on proper use of all equipment, material, handling of cable, and of safe work practices.
- Prepares necessary trip reports on assigned projects and other general reports as necessary.
- Works in a safe manner and insures the property of others or other Cooperative equipment is not damaged.
- Complies with all aspects of the OSHA (Occupational Safety Health Standards).
- Makes every effort to avoid any environmental damage, oil spills or similar mishaps and take prompt containment and cleanup action if mishaps come to their attention.
- Employee must be insurable by the Cooperative insurance company at standard insurance rates, the individual must maintain a driving record during all periods of employment which permits insurability at standard insurance rates, and the individual must be willing to consent to release of information regarding his/her driving record on an annual basis.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
Education Requirement(s): High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Experience Requirement(s): Commercial drivers license; preferred
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening, background check as well as a post-offer physical are required.
Interested applicants must submit a completed application to email@example.com or mail to:
Human Resources Department
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
4831 Eagle St.
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
To download AVEC’s Employment Application click HERE.
Closing Date: This position is open until filled
Other: At least 18 years of age
AVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Huslia Power Outage Notification
Huslia will experience a power outage on 08/21/2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. so our crew can replace an AMOT valve on site.