Andreafsky is adjacent to and within the city boundaries of St. Mary’s. It is on the north bank of the Andreafsky River, 3.5 miles northeast of Pitka’s Point in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta. By 1899, the village had become a supply depot and winter quarters for the Northern Commercial Company’s riverboat fleet. The village was named for the Andrea family who settled here and was originally called “Clear River.” The family built a Russian Orthodox church. A Catholic mission was established nearby in 1949, and a number of Yup’ik families moved to the area in the 1950s. The area adjacent to the mission became the incorporated City of St. Mary’s in 1967, although Andreafsky chose to remain independent. In 1980, residents of Andreafsky voted for annexation into the city.