Accounts Payable Clerk (A/P Clerk)
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 58 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Accounts Payable Clerk (A/P Clerk).
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Position: Accounts Payable Clerk (A/P Clerk)
Location: Anchorage, AK
Wage Range: 5
Travel: less than 10%
Supervisor: Manager of Administrative Services
This position is responsible for Accounts Payable activities to include invoice coding, data entry, file maintenance, reconciliation, as well as monthly closure of Accounts Payable. Other daily tasks may include other accounting functions to support the needs of the department. Work will vary from accounts payable invoice and payment processing, answer incoming phone calls, AP file management, communicating with vendors and employees, researching discrepancies, as well as other general accounting support.
- Coordinate proper receiving of invoicing and secure department level approval; correctly code and input multiple invoices of varying complexity into accounts payable software.
- Maintain accurate and organized accounts payable files and records by updating files and performing routine maintenance.
- Perform and complete weekly accounts payable check runs.
- Complete and reconcile monthly closure of accounts payable.
- Communicate with Cooperative vendors and internal staff to gather additional information, verify discrepancies, and other general required communication using phone, e-mail, written, and interpersonal communication methods.
- Maintain plant operator payment files and prepare monthly Plant Operator Payments. Interface with city governments and village operators on a regular basis.
- Assists with routine Office tasks to include: daily mail sorting, filing, batching cash, trip report and per diem processing, and similar tasks as needed.
- Perform other duties and special assignments required to meet the needs of the Cooperative.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Experience: 1-3 years at similar complexity or responsibility
Areas of Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and accurately orally and in writing
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment.
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating an preparing for these in advance
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding a “we versus them” attitude
- Knowledge of employment and benefit laws and regulations
- Skills required to interpret laws and regulations and to formulate compliance policies and practices
- Proficient in use of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required. Submit completed application and resume to Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., 4831 Eagle Street, Anchorage, AK 99503-7497. Click HERE to download an application.
No Power Outages
Currently, there are no known or scheduled power outages in our service areas.
If you are experiencing a power outage or see a downed power line, please call our 24 hour emergency line at (907) 561-1818